Microwave sample treatment
Small is beautiful
In contrast to GERSTEL’s automated SPE, where the final extract is eluted to an autosampler vial and the sample is injected from this, the GERSTEL SPExos is a true on-line SPE where the total eluate is transferred directly to LC.
Compared with standard SPE, SPExos relies on much smaller cartridges with only 50 mg of sorbent, enabling a significant miniaturization of the entire process: much smaller sample amounts are needed to reach required detection limits and much less solvent is needed for analyte elution reducing cost, and increasing method sensitivity.
The GERSTEL SPExos is inserted into the overall LC system between the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler (MPS) and the HPLC system.
Online SPE can be combined with sample preparation steps performed by the MPS, including addition of standards, dilution, derivatization, and more. Following the MPS sample preparation steps, the sample is introduced to the SPExos system and from here directly to the LC system.
The complete system including MPS and SPExos is controlled by the GERSTEL Maestro Software, which again is 100% integrated with OpenLab/MassHunter. As all sample preparation runs in the background when running the previous sample, this ensures minimum standard deviation on samples due to variations in the sample preparation time.
Benefits of GERSTEL SPExos:
User Selectable Cartridge exchange:
- Cost savings through multiple use of cartridges when analyzing relatively clean samples
- Reliable results through elimination of sample to sample carry-over since cartridges are replaced at regular intervals.
Sealed extraction system:
- No evaporation of solvents or ingress of impurities from laboratory air
- Improved laboratory air, less solvent needed, reliable results
Cartridge inserted into the LC mobile phase for elution:
- 100% analyte transfer to the LC
- Less sample and less solvent needed
- Lowest limits of detection
Small cartridges / small sorbent volume:
- Better LC separation based on small elution volume
- High sensitivity and high concentration factor even when small sample volumes are used
Easily adapted for multiple analysis methods:
- Flexible and simple adaptation through simple valve switching
- Flexible sample preparation in combination with MPS Sample Preparation Technologies
- Time savings and elimination of manual steps through comprehensive automation
- Highly flexible operation since all standard SPE sorbents are available
Control through GERSTEL MAESTRO Software:
- Error elimination through uniform and intuitive user interface for the complete sample preparation process
- Best possible system utilization with PrepAhead synchronization of Sample Prep and analysis
Feel free to send us a message via the contact form and we will reply back as soon as possible.
Contact Jens Glastrup at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tore Vulpius at email@example.com
Or call our main number
+45 44 53 93 66